Root Hog or Die is the fifth album by the rock and psychobilly musical artists Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper, released in 1989.
Mojo Nixon (born Neill Kirby McMillan, Jr.; August 2, 1957) is an American musician, known for playing psychobilly music. He has officially retired from playing live and recording, though he does host several radio shows on Sirius Satellite Radio and has come out of retirement for one-time events, such as an event to support fellow musician Kinky Friedman‘s candidacy for Texas governor.
Skid Roper (born Richard Banke, 19 October 1954 in National City, California) is an American musician active in the 1980s and early 1990s. He has recorded with several groups including surf band, The Evasions, but is best known for his work with Mojo Nixon between 1985 and 1989.
Musical comedians rise or fall on their humor as well as the music. This hard-rockin’, sex-obsessed rockabilly-lover with an Elvis fixation manages to maintain a high level of both on this release. With titles including “Debbie Gibson Is Pregnant With My Two-Headed Love Child” and “She’s Vibrator Dependent,” it’s clear that much of his sense of humor is just below the belt.
1. Debbie Gibson Is Pregnant With My Two Headed Love Child – 2:05
2. (619) 239-KING – 5:59
3. This Land Is Your Land (Woody Guthrie) – 5:59
4. Pirate Radio – 3:19
5. Chicken Drop – 5:55
6. Tennesse Jive (Skid Roper) – 2:39
7. Louisiana Liplock – 4:19
8. I’m A Wreck – 2:42
9. Legalize It – 2:27
10. Burn Your Money! – 5:16
11. Circus Mystery – 3:33
12. She’s Vibrator Dependent – 5:02
13. High School Football Friday Night – 6:50
All songs written by Nixon and published by Tallywacker Tunes/La Rana Music except as indicated.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Enigma Records
- Copyright (c) – Enigma Records
- Glass Mastered At – Nimbus
- Mojo Nixon – guitar, vocals, wah-wah guitar
- Skid Roper – bongos, choir/chorus, guitar, bass guitar, tambourine, vocals, washboard
- Producer – Jim Dickinson
Genre: Rock, psychobilly
Label – I.R.S. Records