Formed in 1978, San Francisco. Recorded two albums. Dale Reed, an east coast musician who had his first taste of popularity as part of the 1968 collective known as the American Blues Exchange, was the brains behind the sound.
The seminal disco figures -dj’s and later owners of Megatone Records, Marty Blecman and John Hedges helped them prociding the outlet for Dale Reed‘s first outing. Their first release was the Motown cover “Standing In The Shadows Of Love”.
“Beat Of The Night” was their seminal disco single featuring the synthesizer styles of Patrick Cowley that would be the leading opponents of the early 80’s hi-NRG disco sound. “Beat of the Night” / “Pump It Up,” which hit #1. The band consisted of Dale Reed, Joseph “Joe” Bomback and Dennis Wadlington.
1. Beat Of The Night (5:54)
2. Work Me (5:09)
3. Treat Me Right (5:17)
4. Pump It Up (4:51)
5. The Fever Rock (5:35)
6. Over The Edge (3:12)
- Arranged By [Vocals] – Dale Reed, Herb Jimmerson
- Art Direction – Phil Carroll
- Backing Vocals – Clydene Jackson, Julian Tillman Waters, Maxine Willard Waters
- Bass [Alembic] – Dennis Wadlington
- Design, Cover [Art] – Jamie Putnam
- Drums – Jose Ortiz
- Electric Piano, Piano, Synthesizer [Arp Omni & Prophet 5] – Joseph James Bomback
- Engineer [Assistant] – Nyya Lark
- Engineer [Recording] – Eddie Bill Harris
- Guitar – Tip Wirrick
- Lead Vocals – Clydene Jackson
- Mixed By – Hedges, Blecman
- Mixed By [Disco Consultant] – Lester Temple
- Percussion – David Frazier, Ralph Paige
- Photography By – Phil Bray
- Producer [Associate] – John Hedges, Marty Blecman
- Producer, Arranged By, Saxophone – Dale Reed
- Programmed By [Synthesizer] – Patrick Gleeson
- Recorded By [Additional] – Richard Corsello, Wally Buck
- Remix – Steve Mantoani
- Remix [Assistant] – Bill Koepnick
- Synthesizer – Patrick Cowley
- Tracking By [Vocal Overdubs] – Bob Merritt
- Written-By – Reed, Wadlington, Bomback
Pump It Up Publishing/Blecman & Hedges Music.
Associate produced for Blecman & Hedges Productions.
Recorded at Fantasy Studios, Berkeley.
Vocal overdubs recorded at Record Plant, Los Angeles.
Remixed at Different Fur Studios, San Francisco.
℗ © 1979 Fantasy Records
Genre: Funk / Soul
Label – Fantasy Records