A decent late-’80s album from the trio The Jamaica Boys, whose music combined funk, R&B, and fusion. Marcus Miller is a talented producer, composer, and multi-instrumentalist, while Lenny White has played drums on many seminal sessions and with some excellent groups.
Vocalist Mark Stevens had some skills as well, but for some reason the trio didn’t click consistently enough to make this album anything beyond competent urban contemporary and instrumental pop.
1. “Palm Of Your Hand” (Marcus Miller, Mark Stevens) – 4:28
2. “Let Me Hold You Closer (Don’t Fight It)” (Marcus Miller) – 4:28
3. “Romeo” (Lenny White, Marcus Miller, Mark Stevens) – 4:42
4. “Home” (Bernard Wright, Lenny White, Marcus Miller) – 3:36
5. “People Make The World Go Round” (Linda Creed, Thom Bell) – 5:45
6. “Spend Some Time With Me” (Bernard Wright, Lenny White, Marcus Miller, Mark Stevens) – 5:13
7. “Sunshine (South Africa)” (Marcus Miller) – 5:37
8. “(It’s That) Lovin’ Feeling” (Lenny White, Marcus Miller, Mark Stevens) – 5:07
9. 2I Want To Be There (Unusual Girl)” (Marcus Miller) – 6:20
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Recorded At – Minot Sound
- Recorded At – Quad Recording Studios
- Recorded At – 39th Street Music Studio
- Recorded At – Rawlston Recording Studio, Brooklyn
- Mixed At – Minot Sound
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Manufactured By – Teldec Record Service GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – WEA International Inc.
- Copyright (c) – WEA International Inc.
- Art Direction, Design – Michael Hodgson
- Artwork [Logo Design] – Andy Engell
- Backing Vocals [Additional] – Chaka Khan, Chude Mondlane, Daphne Rubin-Vega, Jason Miles, Jerry Johnson, Joe Byre, Kevin Batchelor, Porter Carroll, Ray Bardani, Tomah
- Bass, Vocals – Marcus Miller
- Co-producer – Lenny White, Ray Bardani
- Drums, Vocals – Lenny White
- Engineer [Additional Recording] – Alec Head, Bruce Robbins
- Engineer [Assistant] – Iris Cohen, John Traversa, Peter Sturge, Tommy Gonzales
- Engineer, Mixed By – Ray Bardani
- Executive-Producer – Benny Medina, Michael Ostin
- Guitar [Solo] – Mike Stern
- Illustration – Ursula Brookbank
- Keyboards [Additional], Guitar [Additional] – Marcus Miller
- Keyboards, Vocals – Bernard Wright
- Lead Vocals – Mark Stevens
- Mastered By – George Marino
- Percussion [Additional] – Lenny White
- Photography By – Brian Hagiwara
- Producer – Marcus Miller
- Programmed By [Synthesizer] – Jason Miles
- Tenor Saxophone – Jerry Johnson, Roger Byam
- Trumpet – Kevin Batchelor
℗&©1987 Warner Bros. Records, Inc.
Produced for P.R.A. Productions
Recorded & mixed at Minot Sound
Additional recording at Quadrasonic Sound, N.Y., 39th Street Music Studio N.Y., Rawlston Recording, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Mastered at Sterling Sound, NYC.
Genre: Electronic, Hip Hop, Funk / Soul
Style: RnB/Swing, Synth-pop, Disco
Label – Warner Bros. Records