Jermaine La Juane Jackson (born December 11, 1954) is an American singer, bass guitarist, composer, and occasional film director. He is known for being a member of The Jackson 5.
Like Michael, Jermaine began a solo career while still a member of The Jackson 5, and had a hit with the 1972 Shep and the Limelites cover “Daddy’s Home”. When The Jackson 5 left Motown, Jermaine left the group and stayed at Motown.
Jackson is proficient on the electric guitar and is a talented bass guitar player. At an early age, he performed the parts of legendary bass player James Jamerson and others when the J5 performed live. Jermaine also composed and produced for other artists, such as Switch, and he produced and sang duets on Whitney Houston‘s debut album for Arista Records.
Feel the Fire is the fourth solo album by Jermaine Jackson, and his second post-Jackson 5 solo album. This is the first album for which Jackson did some producing and writing for himself. The album includes Tower of Power‘s horn section, and Stevie Wonder‘s ex-wife Syreeta. Its only single release was the Earth, Wind & Fire-inspired “You Need To Be Loved”, which has a saxophone solo by Lenny Pickett.
- “Feel the Fire (Burning From Me to You)” (Jermaine Jackson, Michael McGloiry, Kathy Wakefield) (4:36)
- “You Need to Be Loved” (Jermaine Jackson, Michael McGloiry, Kathy Wakefield) (5:52)
- “Strong Love” (Greg Wright, Syreeta Wright) (3:07)
- “Git Up and Dance” (Jermaine Jackson, Michael McGloiry) (3:10)
- “I Love You More” (Michael McGloiry) (3:31)
- “Happiness Is” (Greg Wright, Karin Patterson) (4:13)
- “Some Kind of Woman” (Michael Smith, Eddie Holland, Jr., Brian Holland) (4:04)
- “Got to Get to You Girl” (Jermaine Jackson) (3:21)
- “Take Time” (Michael McGloiry) (3:43)
- Artwork – Carl Overr
- Design – John Van Hamersveld
- Producer(s) – Jermaine Jackson, Michael McGloiry, Greg Wright, Michael L. Smith
- Executive-Producer – Berry Gordy
- Photography By – Charles Bush
- Arrangers: Greg Adams, Greg Wright, Clay Drayton, Don Peake, Benjamin Wright, Gil Askey, H.B. Barnum and Greg Poree
Mastered at Motown Recording Studios, Hollywood, California
Genre: Funk / Soul
Style: Soul, Disco
“This album is dedicated to Jai, born January 27, 1977”
Label – Motown Records